The judges awarded Drum Property Group the Business Community Partner of the Year at the 2019 Aberdeen Sports Awards they believed Drum Property Group displayed vision and commitment to introduce children to the sport of cricket, and to continually expand and improve the programme on an annual basis.
The increased support has seen participation numbers of both schools and pupils increase and allowed the company to provide tangible benefits for the children living in the community.
The programme provides opportunities for children to be active, develop key physical skills such as running, catching, throwing and hitting, whilst also encouraging their team building, social and strategic skills during game play.
Over the 2018 to 2019 school year the increased funding allowed Aberdeenshire Cricket Club to:
• Expand the programme to 17 schools.
• Introduce cricket to over 1200 pupils in P5 & P6 year groups.
• Provide 264 one-hour coaching sessions over 20 weeks.
• Hold three festival days attended by 14 schools and 500 pupils.
• Deliver afterschool club at Hazelhead primary and lunch club at Kingsford primary.
• Support cricket games between Hazelhead and Robert Gordons primary schools.
• Support girls’ cricket between Kingsford and Robert Gordons primary schools.
• Provide cricket coaching sessions at Cults Easter camps.
As a direct result of the Redball programme the Under 11 junior section of Aberdeenshire Cricket club increased by 30 children this summer with 10 girls attending.